The MATE ROV Competition is a truly unique robotics program. Our reach is all-inclusive: from elementary through university, MATE teams are comprised of students from every age group. We're not cost-prohibitive: robots can be built on a very small budget and still be highly competitive. And we're real-world driven: all of our missions are based on real tasks and challenges faced by the marine industry today.
Not sure where to start? Visit the respective links to the SCOUT
, and EXPLORER
teams for information about our competition classes!
Are you the parent of a student interested in robotics? Check out the Parents’ Resource Center
for links to great information about the MATE ROV competition.
To be added to the MATE competition e-mail list contact Jill Zande
The following links provide a wealth of information:
2017-specific competition documents (links will become active as information is made available:
- Key dates for the 2016 - 2017 competition season
- General Information (includes information on eligibility, EXPLORER class demonstrations, and more!)
- Missions, Specs, & Scoring
- EXPLORER CLASS demonstration requirements
- Competition registration - regional registrations for 2017 will begin opening December 1st, 2016!
- Competition brochure
- Your team won your regional or passed your demonstration - what next?!